To be a substitute you will need to:
1) Register for and attend an onboarding/orientation (for those seeking substitute teaching positions only)
2) Complete the application for substitute teaching or non-teaching substitute position and create an ESC Employment Application account
3) Obtain an Ohio teaching license, substitute license or educational aide permit (Use IRN 046938 for superintendent signature)*
4) Complete BCI and FBI background checks (Must have submitted results electronically to the Ohio Department of Education within past 12 months)*
*NOTE: These are potentially time-consuming processes, so please begin them as soon as possible.
- After application submission, you will receive an email notification to log in to your ESC Employment Application account (substitute teaching or non-teaching substitute) and complete the required eForm
- Complete Form I-9. Bring acceptable verification document(s) to onboarding/orientation or an ESC office
Then, log in to Public School Works and do the following (user name and password are provided by email after onboarding/orientation):
- Confirm substitute handbook has been read
- Complete blood-borne pathogen training
- Complete job-specific trainings, if necessary
After all of the above steps have been completed, your file will be reviewed by staff and you will be notified by email when your Absence Management account is activated. Absence Management will allow you to select job assignments.