The Educational Service Center of Central Ohio offers professional consulting and coordinator services for school districts based on identifying gifted and talented students and supporting the teachers who serve them.
Coordinator and consulting services include:
- Ensuring that district policies, procedures and programs are in compliance with the Administrative Code
- Promoting strategies for identifying gifted and talented students
- Screening and identifying students with exceptional abilities in the Visual and Performing Arts
- Assisting districts in designing a continuum of services that align with best practice in gifted education
- Assisting with planning and delivering professional learning for various stakeholder groups
- Offering resources related to gifted education issues and gifted instructional pedagogy
Professional consulting services promote the use of effective instructional strategies to enhance critical and creative thinking in students including the development and deployment of online courses for teachers of high-ability students.
The ESC organizes and sponsors a variety of student-centered enrichment opportunities that are available to students in districts served.