- This event has passed.
Deconstructing High School Schedules to Create Opportunity & Equity (am or pm session)
November 15, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm$79 – $89
The creation of an effective school schedule is a key component for student post secondary success. During this session, participants will be equipped with several tools and protocols to audit their current college and career pathway scheduling system. Participants will also explore many different models of scheduling, discuss the pros, cons, costs, and research related to these models, and outline an adoption and implementation process. Schedules to be discussed include the following:
• Six, seven, eight, nine, and ten-period scheduling plans,
• Rotating and drop schedules,
• Alternating day block schedules,
• The 4X4 semester plan,
• The 3X5 trimester plan,
• The flexible modular schedule,
• Hybrid models which combine features of several basic schedules,
• Plans for credit recovery and rescue, which may assist overage and under-credited students.