The process below is required of all staff hired through the ESC and ESC-COG. Do not begin these steps unless you are applying for an open position.
To be an employee you will need:
1) Ohio teaching license, substitute license or educational aide permit, if your assignment has you working directly with children (Use IRN 046938 for superintendent signature)*
2) BCI and FBI background check results (Must have submitted results electronically to the Ohio Department of Education within past 12 months)*
*NOTE: These are potentially time-consuming processes that may take up to 30 days, so please begin them as soon as possible.
- Upon accepting a position with a school district or agency, you will receive an email outlining new hire steps: New Hire Information.
- Create an ESC Employment Application account to complete and submit an application. When completed, please email HumanResources@escco.org. (Note: Though an application may have been submitted to your school district or agency, an application also must be completed and submitted to the ESC or ESC-COG.)
- After application submission, you will receive an email notification to log in to your ESC Employment Application account and complete the required eForm.
- Register for and attend a new hire orientation. Bring acceptable verification documents to orientation to complete federal Form I-9 requirements. All requirements listed above must be completed before attending new hire orientation.